Learn about Redis Enterprise
Redis Enterprise is an enterprise-grade Redis, available both on-premises and in the cloud (on AWS, GCP, or Azure). Redis Enterprise simplifies operations, scaling, and multi-tenancy, includes many integrations (e.g., K8s), and provides multiple tiers of support.
Read on to learn about Redis Enterprise and the benefits of its extended offerings.
Redis, the company, develops OSS Redis and Redis Stack and also provides Redis Enterprise as a commercial product. Redis Enterprise maintains the simplicity and high performance of Redis, while adding many enterprise-grade capabilities:
- Linear scaling to hundreds of millions of operations per second
- Improved high availability with up to 99.999% uptime
- Geo-replicated, active-active data distribution
- Data tiering
- Advanced security features
- Several deployment options (managed cloud service, software packages, K8s)
- 24/7 support
Redis Enterprise offers three deployment options:
- Hybrid and Multi-cloud
Redis Enterprise Software
Redis Enterprise Software is the on-premises distribution of Redis Enterprise. You download, install, and manage a Redis Enterprise Software cluster wherever you like:
- IaaS cloud environments — Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Microsoft Azure
- Bare-metal servers in a private datacenter
- Virtual machines (VMs), Kubernetes pods, etc.
Redis provides a Kubernetes operator that deploys and manages a Redis Enterprise cluster. You can use the operator on premises or in a private or public cloud.
The Google Cloud Marketplace also offers Redis Enterprise as a Kubernetes app for easy deployment.
Redis Enterprise Cloud
Redis Enterprise Cloud is a Database-as-a-Service provided by Redis. The fully-managed cloud service is based on Redis Enterprise and accessible via a self-service portal, which gives you access to the subscription/database control plane. Redis manages the Redis Enterprise clusters and the complexity of the underlying infrastructure.
To get started, see the Redis Enterprise Cloud quick start.
Let Support know if you have any questions.
You can also purchase and deploy Redis Enterprise Cloud directly through the cloud provider's marketplace:
- Redis Enterprise Cloud Flexible - Pay as You Go (AWS)
- Azure Cache for Redis Enterprise pricing (Azure)
- Redis Enterprise Cloud (GCP)
- Azure Cache is not managed by Redis but by Microsoft with a revenue-sharing arrangement.
- Redis provides second-level support to Microsoft customers.
Hybrid and multi-cloud deployments
Redis Enterpise support both hybrid (on-premises / cloud) and multi-cloud deployments using Active-Active replication:
- Hybrid cloud with Active-Active — Combines self-managed on-prem clusters with Redis Cloud clusters
- Multicloud with Active-Active — Multiple fully-managed Redis Cloud clusters with a geo-replicated database across multiple cloud vendors (for example, AWS and GCP)
Build real-time apps using Redis modules
Redis Stack extends Redis with additional data models and capabilities such as indexing, SQL-like querying, and time-series data support. If you're using Redis Stack with Redis Enteprise, see our Stack and Enterprise docs.
- RedisInsight is a Redis admin UI that can help you optimize Redis and visualize your data. RedisInsight supports Redis OSS, Redis Stack, Redis Enterprise Software, and Redis Enterprise Cloud. It runs cross-platform on Linux, Windows, and MacOS.
- Clients and connectors — Redis Enterprise is fully compatible with Redis OSS. Any standard Redis client can be used with Redis Enterprise.
You can contact the Redis Customer Success Team for help with planning your project and implementation as well as maintaining and optimizing your solution. Redis Customer Success will work directly with you to deliver personalized account and product-lifecycle management, best practices, and expert guidance.