Learn about Redis Enterprise
Redis Enterprise is an enterprise-grade Redis, available both on-premises and in the cloud (on AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure). Redis Enterprise simplifies operations, scaling, and multi-tenancy, includes many integrations (for example, Kubernetes), and provides multiple tiers of support.
Read on to learn about Redis Enterprise and the benefits of its extended offerings.
Redis, Inc. develops both open source and source available technologies, which are free for developers to use. These include:
Redis OSS: the core engine for our software and services
Redis Stack: the starting point for developers who want all the power of Redis OSS and the the latest innovations Redis, Inc. has to offer all in an easy to use software package.
Redis Enterprise: our commercial product. Redis Enterprise maintains the simplicity and high performance of Redis, while adding many enterprise-grade features including:
Linear scaling to hundreds of millions of operations per second
Improved high availability with up to 99.999% uptime
Geo-replicated, active-active data distribution
Advanced security features
Several deployment options (managed cloud service, software packages, K8s)
Redis Enterprise offers three deployment options:
- Hybrid and Multi-cloud
Redis Enterprise Software
Redis Enterprise Software is the on-premises distribution of Redis Enterprise. You download, install, and manage a Redis Enterprise Software cluster wherever you like:
- IaaS cloud environments — Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure
- Bare-metal servers in a private datacenter
- Virtual machines (VMs), Kubernetes pods, etc.
Redis provides a Kubernetes operator that deploys and manages a Redis Enterprise cluster. You can use the operator on premises or in a private or public cloud.
The Google Cloud Marketplace also offers Redis Enterprise as a Kubernetes app for easy deployment.
Redis Cloud is a Database-as-a-Service provided by Redis. The fully-managed cloud service is based on Redis Enterprise and accessible via a self-service portal, which gives you access to the subscription/database control plane. Redis, Inc. manages the Redis Enterprise clusters and the complexity of the underlying infrastructure.
To get started, see the Redis Cloud quick start.
Let Support know if you have any questions.
You can also purchase and deploy Redis Cloud directly through the cloud provider's marketplace:
- Redis Cloud Flexible - Pay as You Go (AWS)
- Redis Cloud Flexible - Pay as You Go (Google Cloud)
- Azure Cache for Redis Enterprise pricing (Azure)
- Azure Cache for Redis Enterprise is developed by Redis, but offered and operated by Microsoft as a first-party service within Azure.
- Redis provides second-level support to Microsoft customers.
Hybrid and multi-cloud deployments
Redis Enterprise supports both hybrid (on-premises/cloud) and multi-cloud deployments using Active-Active replication:
- Hybrid cloud with Active-Active — Combines self-managed on-prem clusters with Redis Cloud clusters
- Multicloud with Active-Active — Multiple fully-managed Redis Cloud clusters with a geo-replicated database across multiple cloud vendors (for example, AWS and Google Cloud)
Build real-time apps using Redis Stack
Redis Stack extends the Redis OSS core with additional data models and features such as indexing, querying, and JSON data support. Redis Enteprise supports all of the features available as part of Redis Stack, see our Stack and Enterprise docs.
Redis developer tools
- RedisInsight is a Redis Desktop UI for developers that can help you optimize Redis, visualize your data, and debug your applications. RedisInsight is part of Redis Stack and can also be used with Redis OSS and Redis Enterprise. It runs cross-platform on Linux, Windows, and MacOS.
- Clients and connectors — Redis Enterprise is fully compatible with Redis OSS. Any standard Redis client can be used with Redis Enterprise.
You can contact the Redis Customer Success Team for help with planning your project and implementation as well as maintaining and optimizing your solution. Redis Customer Success will work directly with you to deliver personalized account and product-lifecycle management, best practices, and expert guidance.