RediSearch is a source available Redis module that provides queryability, secondary indexing, and full-text search for Redis.
RediSearch provides secondary indexing, full-text search, and a query language for Redis. These feature enable multi-field queries, aggregation, exact phrase matching, and numeric filtering for text queries.
See the clients page for the full list.
RediSearch provides a distributed cluster version that scales to billions of documents and hundreds of servers.
Commercial support for RediSearch is provided by Redis Ltd. See the Redis Ltd. website for more info and contact information.
RediSearch supports the following features:
- Secondary indexing
- Multi-field queries
- Full-text indexing of multiple fields in a documents
- Incremental indexing without performance loss
- Document ranking (provided manually by the user at index time)
- Boolean queries with AND, OR, NOT operators between sub-queries
- Optional query clauses
- Prefix-based searches
- Field weights
- Auto-complete suggestions (with fuzzy prefix suggestions)
- Exact-phrase search and slop-based search
- Stemming-based query expansion for many languages (using Snowball)
- Support for custom functions for query expansion and scoring (see Extensions)
- Numeric filters and ranges
- Geo-filtering using the Redis own geo commands
- Unicode support (UTF-8 input required)
- Retrieval of full document contents or only their ids
- Document deletion and updating with index garbage collection
- Partial and conditional document updates
RediSearch is developed and tested on Linux and macOS on x86_64 CPUs.
Atom CPUs are not supported.
- RediSearch? - RedisConf 2020
- RediSearch Overview - RedisConf 2019
- RediSearch & CRDT - Redis Day Tel Aviv 2019
- RU203: Querying, Indexing, and Full-Text Search - An online RediSearch course from Redis University.
- Introducing RediSearch 2.0
- Getting Started with RediSearch 2.0
- Mastering RediSearch / Part I
- Mastering RediSearch / Part II
- Mastering RediSearch / Part III
- Building Real-Time Full-Text Site Search with RediSearch
- Search Benchmarking: RediSearch vs. Elasticsearch
- RediSearch Version 1.6 Adds Features, Improves Performance
- RediSearch 1.6 Boosts Performance Up to 64%
Mailing List / Forum
Got questions? Feel free to ask at the RediSearch forum.
Redis Source Available License Agreement - see LICENSE
Quick start guide
Details about configuration options
Notes on debugging, testing and documentation
List of RediSearch client libraries
Administration of the RediSearch module
Design Documents details
Indexing and searching JSON documents