- The Shuttleworth Foundation donated 5000 USD to the Redis project in form of a flash grant. The details will be posted soon on a blog post documenting how the money was used.
- From May 2013 to June 2015 the work Salvatore Sanfilippo did in order to develop Redis was sponsored by Pivotal.
- Before May 2013 the project was sponsored by VMware with the work of Salvatore Sanfilippo and Pieter Noordhuis.
- VMware and later Pivotal provided a 24 GB RAM workstation for me to run the Redis CI test and other long running tests. Later I (Salvatore) equipped the server with an SSD drive in order to test in the same hardware with rotating and flash drives.
- Linode 15 January 2010, provided Virtual Machines for Redis testing in a virtualized environment.
- Slicehost 14 January 2010, provided Virtual Machines for Redis testing in a virtualized environment.
- Citrusbyte 18 Dec 2009, part of Virtual Memory. Citrusbyte is also the company developing the Redis-rb bindings for Redis and this very web site.
- Hitmeister 15 Dec 2009, part of Redis Cluster.
- Engine Yard 13 Dec 2009, for blocking POP (BLPOP) and part of the Virtual Memory implementation.
Also thanks to the following people or organizations that donated to the Project:
redis.io domain was donated for a few years to the project by I Want My