TS.DEL key fromTimestamp toTimestamp
- Available in:
- Redis Stack / TimeSeries 1.6.0
- Time complexity:
- O(N) where N is the number of data points that will be removed
Delete all samples between two timestamps for a given time series
is key name for the time series.
is start timestamp for the range deletion.
is end timestamp for the range deletion.
The given timestamp interval is closed (inclusive), meaning that samples whose timestamp eqauls the
toTimestamp are also deleted.
- If fromTimestamp is older than the retention period compared to the maximum existing timestamp, the deletion is discarded and an error is returned.
- When deleting a sample from a time series for which compaction rules are defined:
- If all the original samples for an affected compaction bucket are available, the compacted value is recalculated based on the remaining original samples, or removed if all original samples within the compaction bucket were deleted.
- If some or all the original samples for an affected compaction bucket were expired, the deletion is discarded and an error is returned.
- Explicitly deleting samples from a compacted time series may result in inconsistencies between the raw and the compacted data. The compaction process may override such samples. That being said, it is safe to explicitly delete samples from a compacted time series beyond the retention period of the original time series.
Integer reply: The number of samples that were deleted, or Error reply.
Delete range of data points
Create time series for temperature in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, then add different temperature samples.
127.0.0.1:6379> TS.CREATE temp:TLV LABELS type temp location TLV OK 127.0.0.1:6379> TS.CREATE temp:JLM LABELS type temp location JLM OK 127.0.0.1:6379> TS.MADD temp:TLV 1000 30 temp:TLV 1010 35 temp:TLV 1020 9999 temp:TLV 1030 40 1) (integer) 1000 2) (integer) 1010 3) (integer) 1020 4) (integer) 1030 127.0.0.1:6379> TS.MADD temp:JLM 1005 30 temp:JLM 1015 35 temp:JLM 1025 9999 temp:JLM 1035 40 1) (integer) 1005 2) (integer) 1015 3) (integer) 1025 4) (integer) 1035
Delete the range of data points for temperature in Tel Aviv.
127.0.0.1:6379> TS.DEL temp:TLV 1000 1030 (integer) 4